Nanometa 2013 Welcome
December 20, 2013 - The United Nations (UN) General Assembly 68th Session proclaimed 2015 as the International Year of Light and Light-based Technologies (IYL 2015).
2015 - A Year of Light Conferences
We are happy to announce NANOMETA 2015, the international conference on Nanophotonics and Metamaterials, as a part of the United Nations Year of Light to take place from Monday January 5th, 2015 to Thursday January 8th, 2015 in Seefeld, Austria.
Thanks to all of you who contributed to make the 2013 edition a successful event. To see some pictures of the 2013 conference, please click here.
Latest news: The final programme is now available.
The European Physical Society will organise the 4th International Topical Meeting
on Nanophotonics and Metamaterials (NANOMETA 2013) which will be held in
Seefeld ski resort, Tirol, Austria during 3-6 January, 2013 This will be the fourth conference
in the NANOMETA series following a meeting in January 2007, 2009, and 2011 attended by many leading
authorities in the field.
NANOMETA 2013 aims to bring together the international Nanotechnology, Photonics and
Meterials research communities where most recent and challenging results and plans are discussed in the informal setting o a glorious mountaineering resort. The technical programme will include invited and selected contributed papers in the areas of:
• Metamaterials & metadevices
• nanophotonics & nanobiophotonics
• Plasmonics and plasmo-electronic devices
• Nanophotonic, hybrid and quantum materials
• localization of light & optical super-resolution
The conference will be organised in two oral parallel sessions (Nanophotonics and Metamaterials) and will feature joint plenary, tutorial and post-deadline sessions. The conference timetable will be arranged in a way that permits mid-day breaks for recreational activities and informal contact between participants.
The conference will feature a special session (organized by Augustine Urbas and Ekmel Ozbay) on Security Applications of Photonic Metamaterials. The speakers are:
- Andrea Alù (The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA) - “Nanoantenna Arrays to Tailor Absorption, Polarization and Nonlinear Effects"
- Koray Aydin (Northwestern, Evanston, IL, USA), - “Ultrathin Passive and Active Photonic Metametarials for Optical Filters and Switches"
- Alexander Benz (Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM, USA) - “Metamaterials in Applications: Tunable Filters and Resonant Detectors"
- Dean Evans (Air Force Research Laboratory, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio, USA) - “Ultrafast Tuning of Plasmonic Frequencies in Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Metamaterials"
- Mikhail Noginov (Norfolk State University, Norfolk, VA, USA) - “Control of Förster Energy Transfer and Dispersion"
- George Palikaras (LamdaGuard Canada Inc., Halifax, Canada) - “Metamaterial Laser Filters for Aviation Safety and Security".
Nanometa 2013 will present four Plenary Speakers:
- Nader Engheta (University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA) - “Metamaterials for Meta-Optics: From Structures to Functions to Processes"
- Uwe Kreibig (RWTH Aachen, Germany)- “Beyond Mie: On the Way Towards a Realistic Theory"
- Lukas Novotny (ETH, Zurich, Switzerland) – “Optical Antennas for Enhanced Light-Matter Interactions”
- Michel Orrit (Leiden University, The Netherlands) – “Optical Spectroscopy of Single Gold Nanoparticles"
Three Breakthrough Talks will also take place.
The conference will also feature a number of invited talks devoted to recent important advances
in nanophotonics and metamaterials science.
Download 2nd Call
Nikolay Zheludev and Harald Giessen