De Gruyter Sponsoring of two Poster Awards
|The poster competition sponsored by De Gruyter journal Nanophotonics will be organised to award the best posters presented by research students. The prizes will be awarded on the Closing Ceremony, which will take place on Thursday 31 March 2022, from 12:15 (Olympia room).|
- Lucca Kühner, Ludwig-Maximilians–Universität, München, DE
Height-driven photonic bound states in the continuum
- Nika van Nielen, AMOLF, Center for Nanophotonics, Amsterdam, NL
Time-resolved pump-probe cathodoluminescence spectroscopy on Cu2ZnSnS4
EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards (TGSA)
Two EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards will be distributed during Nanometa 2022. Selection will be done during the poster session.
Laureates of the EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards:
- Carlos Maciel Escudero, Materials Physics Center (CFM), Donostia-San Sebastián, ES
Visualizing anapole and anapole-exciton polariton states using electron energy loss spectroscopy
- Andrea Morandi, ETH Zürich, CH
Multiple scattering and second-harmonic generation in disordered microspheres of LiNbO3 nanocubes
EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards will be attributed on behalf of the European Physical Society through its and in order to attend Nanometa-2022 conference. The Awards consisting of travel grants are given to PhD Students wishing to attend an EPS-QEOD sponsored conference and whose scientific contribution in optics and photonics is of the highest quality. The goal of this award is to help talented young scientists to contribute to EPS-QEOD sponsored European conferences in optics by taking in charge part of their expenses to the conference. Nanometa-2022 is eligible for theses Awards.
The grants are awarded to PhD Students having not yet defended their thesis at the dates of the QEOD-sponsored conference. Recipients must have an accepted oral or poster contribution at the conference.
Only one grant is awarded per person and per research group. Applicants from developing countries usually receive a particular attention.
The ceremony is scheduled to take place on the last conference day during the closing ceremony.
Terms of the Travel Grant Student Awards:
- 2 grants available for the Nanometa conference.
- Each award will be accompanied by a certificate and a monetary sum. The monetary sum is 500 € for a PhD Student working in a European country or 1000 € for a PhD Student working outside Europe.
- All PhD Students wishing to attend the conference are invited to apply. Only thesis students can apply, doctoral positions are not accepted.
- Applications have to be done by using the online system for EPS conference submissions, where a special item points to the EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards.
- Payment means: Payment will only be done if the awardee is present at the conference. Payment will follow after the conference by bank transfer.
- The grants will be awarded to PhD Students having not yet defended their thesis at the dates of the EPS-QEOD sponsored conference. Recipients must have an accepted oral or poster contribution at the conference.
- Only one grant will be awarded per person and per research group. Applicants from developing countries should receive a particular attention.
- Applications must be made during the Nanometa online submission system.
- There, a special item will point to the EPS-QEOD Travel Grant Student Awards.
- If you are interested in applying, just tick the corresponding box during the on line submission,
- Then below this item upload a double-page pdf document (.pdf format) detailing
(i) your name, surname, date of birth,
(ii) your complete affiliation,
(iii) the title and the 35-word abstract of your contribution,
(iv) starting date of the PhD studies and expected date of the PhD defense,
(v) your list of publications limited to the five most significant articles.
(vi) a support letter of the supervisor.
* EPS Individual Member (IM) Travel Grants
The EPS makes a limited number of travel grants available to EPS Individual Members. Grants are awarded to early career researchers. The amount given is 350€. To apply please follow this